MurCal takes protecting your privacy very seriously. To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate these guidelines to MurCal employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company. In addition, MurCal supports industry initiatives to preserve privacy rights on the Internet and in all aspects of electronic commerce.
Our site includes an ordering system, enabling you to purchase the different products that MurCal sells and represents. In the case of dealers or other third parties, we will only provide them with your name, address and other non-financial information to help them to serve you. Our site has the ability to store information to save you from having to re-enter it on a subsequent visit to the site. If you have set up an account with us or entered personal information including your e-mail address, we may occasionally update you via e-mail with newsletters and messages of special opportunities. If you would rather not be alerted to such opportunities, you have the ability to opt out by editing your account details or unsubscribing upon receipt of the e-mail.
In general, you can visit MurCal's site on the Web without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. The more information you volunteer (and the more accurate it is), the better we are able to customize your experience. We ask for information from you in several ways from different parts of our Web site. We ask for personal or business information from you when you become a registered user of MurCal's shopping site. You are required to register and receive a logon name to be able to access and use certain features of MurCal's shopping site. At that time, MurCal may ask for certain required information such as your name, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date, and other information to process your registration. We also request certain other optional information that will enable us to provide you with a more personalized experience when using MurCal's site. We will let you know what information is optional, and you decide whether or not you want to provide that information or to receive newsletters or third party correspondence. In the course of using our site, we automatically track certain information about you. This information may include the URL that you just came from and the next URL you go to, regardless of whether these URLs are on our Web site or not. It also includes your IP address. MurCal uses this information to identify broad demographic trends that may be used to provide information tailored to your interests.
MurCal may collect user information in various ways from many parts of our Web site. We do not sell or rent any personally identifiable information about you to any third party. The main purpose of collecting this information is to enable us to reply to user inquiries or requests for service. We may also use customer contact information from these forms to send the user information about our company and product or service offerings. Unique identifiers (such as customer account numbers) are occasionally collected to verify the user's identity, for use as account numbers in our record system, and for other purposes. We collect your personal information because it helps us deliver a superior level of customer service. It enables us to give you convenient access to our products and services and focus on categories of greatest interest to you. In addition, your personal information helps us keep you posted on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, and events that you might like to hear about.
Because an e-mail address is personal identifying information, we protect the privacy of the sender by limiting access to these e-mail messages and keeping them in a secure e-mail system. Most e-mail messages are deleted after they are responded to, however in certain cases hard copies or data from certain e-mail correspondence may be kept on file. Any such copies will also be stored in a secure location. In the event that MurCal becomes legally obligated to disclose information obtained from consumers on its web site pursuant to legal or administrative process, MurCal will take all reasonable steps to remove personal information from the data where possible.
There are a number of situations in which your personal information may help us give you better products. For example:
• We may ask for your personal information when you’re discussing a service issue on the phone with an associate, downloading a software update, registering for a seminar, participating in an online survey, or purchasing a product.
• When you interact with MurCal, we may collect personal information relevant to the situation, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences; your credit card information and information about the MurCal products you own, such as their serial numbers and date of purchase; and information relating to a support or service issue.
• We also collect information for market research purposes, such as your occupation and where you use your computer, to gain a better understanding of our customers and thus provide more valuable service.
• We may use personal information to provide products that you have requested as well as for auditing, research, and analysis to improve MurCal’s products.
• The personal information you choose to give us allows MurCal to process and fulfill your orders and to notify you of your order status.
• We use the personal information you give us to provide you with up-to-date information about MurCal's products and services.
• We may use the information we collect to notify you from time to time about important functionality changes to the Web site, new products, and special offers we think you will find valuable.
• When you provide us with personal information to enter a contest or promotion sponsored by MurCal or its partners, we use this information to administer the contest and notify winners. We store all information relating to such contests and promotions.
• In order for MurCal to provide free services on our Web site, we may include third party advertisements on our Web site.
• We will deliver targeted advertisements to our customers using the personal information you give us. Third parties provide us with advertisements and identify an audience they want to reach. We may display these advertisements on our Web site to people who fit the criteria. We do not allow advertisers to have access to individual account information. These advertisements are usually banner ads and promotional e-mails. You will only receive e-mail announcements of special offers if you have asked to receive newsletters and/or third party information when registering on our Web site. You can change your preferences at any time.
• We also research our users' demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information you give us. We compile and analyze this information in aggregate on an anonymous basis.
• We may use the IP addresses we collect to report aggregate, anonymous information to our advertisers.
MurCal has safeguards in place to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date for the purposes for which it is used. Naturally, you always have the right to access and correct the personal information you have provided.
By using this web site, you agree to indemnify the Company, its officers, directors, employees, agents, distributors and affiliates for any and all claims, damages, losses and causes of action arising out of your breach or alleged breach of this agreement.
MURCAL DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT, SERVICE OR FEATURE OF THE SITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE SITE AND ITS CONTENT ARE DELIVERED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS-AVAILABLE” BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. MURCAL CANNOT ENSURE THAT ANY FILES OR OTHER DATA YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THE SITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR CONTAMINATION OR DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. MURCAL DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MURCAL DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND/OR ANY MURCAL SERVICES. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ANY LINKED SITES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST MURCAL FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE SITE OR ANY SUCH CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any damages, liability or injuries caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use, whether for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.
MurCal reserves the right to do any of the following, at any time, without notice: (1) to modify, suspend or terminate operation of or access to the Site, or any portion of the Site, for any reason; (2) to modify or change the Site, or any portion of the Site, and any applicable policies or terms; and (3) to interrupt the operation of the Site, or any portion of the Site, as necessary to perform routine or non-routine maintenance, error correction, or other changes.
This Site may contain links to other independent third-party Web sites (“Linked Sites”). These Linked Sites are provided solely as a convenience to our visitors. Such Linked Sites are not under MurCal’s control, and MurCal is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of such Linked Sites, including any information or materials contained on such Linked Sites. You will need to make your own independent judgment regarding your interaction with these Linked Sites.
The information contained in this web site is subject to change without notice.
Copyright © 2011 Murphy Switch of California, Inc. All rights reserved.
MurCal, 41343 12th Street West, Palmdale, CA 93551, USA