Sentinel 300P-FP, 12/24VDC, 10A, Open Frame Battery Charger (42703851)
Sentinel 300P-FP, 12/24VDC, 10A, Open Frame Battery Charger
Sentinel 300P-FP battery chargers provide new levels of DC power control, monitoring and protection for standby diesel-driven fire pump applications. Advanced Sentinel charging features included as standard:
• Switch mode charging technology: high power efficiency and low heat dissipation, plus wide supply voltage tolerance, in a compact and lightweight package.
• Multistage charging: float, bulk, absorption and AutoBoost stages ensure no compromise between rapid charge recovery and long-term battery capacity and life.
• Low output ripple: <1% ripple, beneficial for vented lead acid and NiCd cells, essential for VRLA, and configurable for use as a standalone DC power supply.
• AutoBoost: triggered automatically on low charge levels or manually by remote switch, AutoBoost temporarily increases the charge voltage before returning to float mode. Equalizing battery cell charge without overcharge and gassing, AutoBoost maximizes cell capacity and life.
• Temperature compensation: ensures batteries are charged at the optimal voltage, which varies significantly with ambient temperature. Sentinel can measure temperature with a battery-mounted sensor and adjusts output voltage to prevent under or over charging.
In addition, the Sentinel 300P-FP includes:
• Flexible configuration: microprocessor programmability for automatic or manual configuration of output voltages (12 or 24V nominal), cell types/ numbers and charging applications – all in one standard model. Programming is by circuit board links or PCbased software configuration and monitoring tool.
• Inputs and outputs: for remote charger control and signaling of charge fail, high/low battery volts and mains fail faults. Standard output functions are NFPA 110 compliant. Non-standard input/output functions available to special order.
• Display, instrumentation and communication: options allow LCD readout, analog metering plus RS485 / CANbus control and transmission of battery and charge data.
The Sentinel 300P-FP is available either as an open-frame module (UL-recognized and conforming to FM fire-pump controller standards) for mounting in existing control panels or as a wall-mounted (UL-listed) stainless steel enclosure with LCD and analog metering options. Electrical connection is by screw terminal blocks. On enclosed models, wiring harness access is by knockout cable gland holes in the case side.
For California customers: Prop 65 WARNING: This product may have been manufactured with or uses components that can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov